‘Pepper stuffed with peppers - pepper-ception’
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 large tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 rinsed tin of black beans
- 1 and a half cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of mixed frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- 4 pieces of bread
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 508.5
- Fat, g 7.9
- Saturates, g 1.2
- Carbs, g 89.8
- Sugars, g 14.1
- Fibre, g 21.9
- Protein, g 21.1
- Sodium, g 0.699
- Firstly, chop the onions, garlic, and sweet pepper.
- Next, cook the onions in either oil or a little bit of water, adding a pinch of salt, until they turn translucent.
- Now, add the sweet pepper and garlic and cook for a further few minutes until fragrant.
- Next, add all the other ingredients, except the bell peppers, and a cup of water and mix.
- Now, cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Taste and adjust spices, if necessary, before taking off the heat.
- Finally, divide the mixture between the halved peppers and baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes on gas mark 6, until crispy on top and the peppers are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Salt and pepper as always should be added throughout the cooking process.
- I’d highly recommend adding some vegan cheese before popping in the oven.