‘How do you like your tofu in the morning? I like mine well-seasoned and cooked.’
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g of medium to firm tofu
- Salt and pepper
- ½ onion or 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 a cup of chopped mushrooms
- Few handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast powder
- 4 pieces of bread
- Vegan butter
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 359.8
- Fat, g 10.4
- Saturates, g 2
- Carbs, g 46.9
- Sugars, g 6.6
- Fibre, g 6.2
- Protein, g 24.1
- Sodium, g 0.538
- Firstly, drain and prep your tofu by draining all the water and then using kitchen roll and a heavy book to press out any excess water.
- Next, heat some oil in a pan and fry the onions or shallots until they become translucent.
- Now, crumble in the prepared tofu, mushrooms, and spices – minus the nutritional yeast – and mix so that everything is evenly coated with the spices; you can add a little vegan milk or water if things start to stick.
- Continue stirring over a medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Now add the spinach and pop your bread in the toaster.
- Continue cooking until the spinach has wilted.
- Then finally serve on toast and top with nutritional yeast.
- I’d highly recommend using sourdough bread for this recipe because, you know, it’s fancy.
- You could even add some tomatoes or peppers to the mixer for even more of a taste sensation, but I leave that up to you.