‘I want it to be healthy, but not healthy, healthy - you know what I mean?’
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- One cup of oats
- One and 2/3’s of a cup of self-rising flour
- ½ a cup of dark brown sugar
- ½ a cup of light brown sugar
- A teaspoon of cinnamon
- A teaspoon of nutmeg
- A teaspoon of mixed spice
- A tablespoon of baking soda
- A dash of salt
- ½ a cup of sultanas
- Two heaped tablespoons of vegan butter
- Two heaped tablespoons of golden syrup
- Two heaped pf coconut oil
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- Two tablespoons of chai seeds
- Firstly, mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl (including the chai seed)
- Then, melt the butter, coconut oil and golden syrup in a pan.
- Add, the sultanas and the melted mixture to the dry mixture then get your hands in there to combine it all! (you can add a little water to the mix if it’s a bit dry or a few more oats if not dry enough)
- Then mould into balls and arrange the mixture on a greased baking tray, and add to the oven on gas mark 5 for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally leave to cool and then enjoy!
- You can really make this recipe your own add some cacao nips or apricots, some coconut, or whatever you fancy, even dip them in some melted vegan chocolate if you like
- The salt in this recipe is super important as it brings out the sweetness of the cookies!