‘It’s a bit of a desperate dish though, isn’t it?’
Preparation time: 10 minutes**
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g or 1 packet of soaked cashews
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a cup of vegan milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 500g or 1 packet of macaroni pasta
- Some vegan cheese*
- Paprika to serve
- Firstly, add the soaked cashews, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, vegan milk, and nutritional yeast to a food processor or a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Next, cook the packet of macaroni and drain.
- Then, add the cashew cheese to the macaroni and the grated cheese and mix until the cheese is melted and its well combined.
- You can either serve the mac now, or you can add to the oven on gas mark 6 to allow it to crisp up on top.
- Serve with a dash of paprika!
- * I say ‘some vegan cheese’ because I don’t want to stifle your creativity and love of cheese.
- **This time doesn’t include soaking cashews, which should be done overnight the night before; just add the cashews to some waster and leave.