‘Hummus is our lord and saviour. Amen’
Makes: A pot
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 200g or a tin of chickpeas (drained)
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 32.6
- Fat, g 2
- Saturates, g 0.3
- Carbs, g 2.9
- Sugars, g 0.5
- Fibre, g 0.8
- Protein, g 0.9
- Sodium, g 0.04
- After draining the chickpeas, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to add a little water or more olive oil – up to you, depending on whether you use oil or not – to reach your desired hummus texture.
- Serve in a dish and eat within 3-5 days.
- Get crazy and blend in roasted peppers – like in my picture – for an extra sexy kick.
- You could also add sundried tomatoes, caramelised onions – another favourite – or some garlic; get creative!