'Is it Shrove Tuesday? Is it Tuesday? Does it matter... Pancakes?'
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes each
- 2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 cups of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 100g of vegan chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of salt
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 493.5
- Fat, g 15.2
- Saturates, g 6.9
- Carbs, g 74.9
- Sugars, g 6.8
- Fibre, g 9
- Protein, g 14.9
- Sodium, g 1.02
- Firstly, create the chia eggs by adding the chia seeds and water to a pot and mixing to form a paste
- Then, add the flour, milk, salt, and cocoa powder to a bowl and whisk well
- Next, add the chia eggs, giving it another good whisk
- Pop the chocolate into the mixture and whisk again
- Take a non stick pan, slightly greased up with coconut oil, and add your desired amount of mix
- Cook until the edges start to firm up (approximately 3 minutes) and then flip
- Cook for another two minutes and finally serve, eat, and enjoy!
- Let your creativity run wild; substitute chocolate and cocoa powder for blueberries and a dash of vanilla extract.
- Go all savory on this recipe and add vegan cheese and a dash of black pepper instead of cocoa powder and chocolate, then top with chopped tomatoes and basil.
- If you kinda suck at cooking pancakes, the ideal size of each pancake is about the size of the rim of a coffee mug – I learnt this the hard way.