‘Sometimes, the simplest way is the best way’
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 500g of vegan puff pastry*
- 200g of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A little plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vegan butter
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 477.7
- Fat, g 31.1
- Saturates, g 7.8
- Carbs, g 43.7
- Sugars, g 12
- Fibre, g 2.8
- Protein, g 5.8
- Sodium, g 0.016
- Firstly, roll out the puff pastry into a 1 cm thick rectangle on a work surface that’s dusted with flour (so it doesn’t stick) and then, when it’s rolled out, dust the puff pastry with the cinnamon.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Spread out the chocolate on the pastry and roll it into a tube, so it resembles a long cinnamon roll.
- Chop the pastry into inch long rolls and then add to a greased – with the vegan butter – baking tray and add to the oven on gas mark 5.
- Cook for around 10 minutes and then allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
- For a little bit of extra decadence, you could dust these with some *powdered* sugar to impress your friends.
- I highly recommend serving theses with strawberries.
- *For our recipe, we used Jus-Rol puff pastry!