‘It's kinda like a spicy spaghetti and meatballs but, like, with couscous’
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 300g of vegan meatballs*
- 400g, or a tin, of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml of water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons of Moroccan spice**
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 257.4
- Fat, g 14
- Saturates, g 2.2
- Carbs, g 18.1
- Sugars, g 7.7
- Fibre, g 7.1
- Protein, g 17
- Sodium, g 0.7
- Firstly, add the oil to a pan and heat, then add the chopped onions and sugar into the pan and cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Next, add the garlic, pepper, and coriander to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add the Moroccan spices, salt, and pepper along with the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Next, add in the water and vegan meatballs and allow to simmer over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, taste and adjust the salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve with couscous and enjoy!
- *If you wanted to make your own meatballs, there is a recipe here. Otherwise, Sainsbury’s has great frozen ones!
- ** The Moroccan spice we used is known as Lekama; you can make your own by mixing together equal parts of ground turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, coriander, and nutmeg with a dash of salt and pepper.