‘I wanna taste the sea, but I don’t want to kill like, a gazillion fish’
- 200g, or a tin of chickpeas
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 sheets of nori
- ¼ of a cup of sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal
- Fat, g
- Saturates, g
- Carbs, g
- Sugars, g
- Fibre, g
- Protein, g
- Sodium, g
- Firstly, chop all your vegetables and cut up your nori, with scissors, into small pieces.
- Next, drain the tin of chickpeas.
- Now, add the chickpeas into a bowl and mash them until they mimic the texture of tinned tuna.
- Then add all the other ingredients (the veggies, nori, vegan mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper) and mix until well combined.
- Serve on toast and thank me later!
- If you’re feeling extra decadent, add some nutritional yeast to the mixture for a cheesy twist.
- I would also recommend adding some chopped bell peppers if you’re feeling extra colourful, or perhaps even some chopped tomatoes.
- This recipe will last your fridge for about 4-5 days after being made, so you could easily snack on it all week!