'You can eat this on your cheat day, or you could eat this every day - we won't judge!'
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 250g plain flour
- 250ml water
- 450g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 100g cocoa powder
- 125ml vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 150g dark chocolate*
- Firstly, add the water and a quarter of the flour to a pan. Heat this until it becomes a thick paste, then leave to cool.
- Next, add the sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and oil to a bowl and mix well. Then add the flour and water mixture.
- Add the remaining flour and baking to the mixture and fold well.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and then add them into the mixture.
- Grease a cake tin with vegan butter or oil. Add the mixture to the tin, and put in the oven at 350°F (177°C or gas mark 4). Cook this until a knife inserted into the centre of the mixture comes out clean.
- Cut into pieces and then serve!
- If you don’t want the brownie to be as rich, then you can use caster sugar instead of brown sugar. However, if you want it more rich, then dark brown sugar is a good shout as well!
- *Most dark chocolate from supermarkets are vegan, but make sure to double check. We use Sainsbury’s Basic dark chocolate – it’s fantastic for baking!
- If you want to be more decadent, you can serve it with your favourite vegan cream or vegan ice cream.