‘Foraging is kinda boogie, kinda rad’
Serves: It’s jam, who knows!?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Blackberries (as many as you can find, or buy)
- Cinnamon sticks (two of those)
- Dark muscovado sugar
- Wash, wash, wash those blackberries and then for good measure – wash them again (especially if you foraged them)!
- Next, add the blackberries and cinnamon sticks to a pan with enough water to just about cover them and turn up the heat to high to bring it to a boil (adding a little dash more water if you need to do so).
- Now, turn down the heat to medium and start slowly adding the sugar (tablespoon by tablespoon) while mixing, the jam will start to thicken and when it reaches your desired texture, leave aside to cool.
- Then, seal the jam in a sterilized jar*.
- The final and most important step is show your jam off to everyone that comes to your house- because you made jam and that’s impressive! Oh and go ahead and enjoy it on toast -or crumpets -or whatever you enjoy!
- You can use different fruits if you want, whatever you prefer.
- *There are many ways to sterilize a jar-you can sterilize it by cooking it in the oven, or you can boil it. I recommend boiling it, as the oven method can sometimes result in broken glass and burnt fingers. OUCH (Be careful)