‘This stopped me from buying takeaway like more than once’
- 1 packet of udon noodles
- A thumb sized piece of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon of sweet-spice
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 spring onions
- ¼ of a spring cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 50g of sugar snap peas
- 1 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
Makes: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 20 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 217.9
- Fat, g 1.6
- Saturates, g 0.1
- Carbs, g 44.2
- Sugars, g 11.6
- Fibre, g 7.5
- Protein, g 9.7
- Sodium, g 0.9
- Firstly, chop the garlic, ginger, chilli, and spring onions finely and place aside.
- Whilst preparing the vegetables, pop your noodles on the boil and drain and set aside once done.
- Then, chop the rest of the vegetables into ribbons – the best way to do this is with a peeler.
- Next, add some coconut oil to a pan – you could use sesame or just plain vegetable, if you prefer – and cook the garlic, ginger, chilli, and spring onions for 2 – 3 minutes until they start to brown slightly.
- Now, add the soy sauce and seasoning along with the vegetables and stir well.
- Finally, add the noodles and stir well, and then serve and enjoy.
- Add some crispy tofu for a taste explosion.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the spice accordingly – you can always add a little coconut sugar for sweetness if you like, or some more chilli flakes for more of a kick!
- Add extra veggies if you like, for example pak choi, baby sweetcorn, or bean sprouts.