‘When life gives you lemons, add carbs.’
- 300g of mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 1 large onion
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of unsweetened soy/almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 125g of vegan cheese
- Spaghetti, enough for 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 253.8
- Fat, g 10.4
- Saturates, g 0.4
- Carbs, g 34.6
- Sugars, g 6.9
- Fibre, g 5.1
- Protein, g 11.1
- Sodium, g 0.295
- Firstly, chop your onions and mushrooms, grate your cheese and zest your lemon.
- Next, pop the pasta on and heat some oil in a pan, and cook the onions and mushrooms until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Now, add the garlic granules, rosemary, salt, and pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
- Next add the lemon zest and juice, peas, vegan milk and cheese and mix well, while bringing to a boil.
- Then, reduce to a medium heat and cook for 10 – 15 more minutes, while checking occasionally.
- Finally, drain the pasta and mix thoroughly with the sauce, then serve and enjoy!
- I’d highly recommend serving this with some vegan garlic bread – Sainsbury’s basic one is vegan – just so you know.
- You could even add some spinach to this dish for some additional greenery.