‘For those days when you need more carbs.’
- 1 tub of chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Sainsbury’s vegan garlic and herb cream cheese
- ¼ cup of soya milk
- Handful of basil
- Wholewheat tagliatelle
Makes: 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 378.8
- Fat, g 18.5
- Saturates, g 8.2
- Carbs, g 42.4
- Sugars, g 11.6
- Fibre, g 5.3
- Protein, g 14.3
- Sodium, g 1.3
- Firstly, mix the golden syrup, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and add the chopped chestnut mushrooms and mix until they are all coated, then set this aside.
- Next, chop the garlic and onions.
- Now, cook the onions in a pan until they are translucent, and then add the garlic and mushrooms – with the sauce they have been sitting in – to the pan. Cover and cook this for 10 minutes over a medium heat, mixing occasionally.
- While this is cooking, put the tagliatelle in a saucepan and cook.
- After the 10 minutes has elapsed, add the vegan soft cheese, salt, pepper, and soya milk to the mushroom sauce and cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes over a medium heat, mixing occasionally.
- Now, assemble the dish. Mix through some torn basil and then either mix the cooked pasta and sauce together, or just add the sauce on top – whichever you prefer.
- As with most dishes, add as little or as much salt and pepper as suits you, or no salt at all if you prefer.
- TOP TIP: I highly recommend adding some Tofurky bacon to this dish; just add to the dish when you add the mushrooms.