‘A bit posher than beans on toast.’
- 2 handfuls of chestnut mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- 4 pieces of bread
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal
- Fat, g
- Saturates, g
- Carbs, g
- Sugars, g
- Fibre, g
- Protein, g
- Sodium, g
- Firstly, chop your mushrooms roughly and your garlic finely.
- Next, warm the olive oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook for about two minutes.
- Now, add the garlic, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Whilst this is cooking down, toast up some bread of your choice.
- Serve on toast and top with some fresh chopped basil.
- Go crazy and add some shallots or onions if you’d like – it tastes great – just add them a couple of minutes before you add the mushrooms.
- I’d highly recommend to use sourdough bread for this recipe, because, you know, it’s fancy.