‘Because all food should taste like autumn’
- Vegan puff pastry
- ¼ of a cup of vegan butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- A dash of cinnamon
- A dash of orange extract* – optional
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories, kcal 201
- Fat, g 14.2
- Saturates, g 2.5
- Carbs, g 16.5
- Sugars, g 3.6
- Fibre, g 0.7
- Protein, g 2
- Sodium, g 0.104
- Firstly, roll out the puff pastry, using plenty flour if needed, until it’s a thin rectangle shape.
- Next, melt the butter in a microwave or on the hob and mix in the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Now using an “egg” brush, brush on the mixture evenly, and then roll the pastry into a sausage shape. Chop the pastry roll into inch-long segments and place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into the oven on a medium heat – gas mark 6 – and keep checking every few minutes.
- Serve with drizzle and enjoy!
- *For the drizzle, mix all the ingredients until smooth and ta da – you’re done!
- You could totally add some raisins if you were feeling extra autumnal.